Forest Camp accommodates a maximum of 20 people in 10 secluded, luxuriously appointed thatched, log or reed chalets. Each chalet is uniquely decorated, has en-suite facilities and ceiling fans in the bedrooms ensuring a most comfortable stay.
Moholoholo nestles on the slopes of the 1,944 metres high Mariepskop, one of the highest peaks of the Drakensberg range in this area. This affords a breathtaking view of the towering mountains and vertical cliffs on one side and the rolling Eastern Transvaal Lowveld savanna towards Kruger Park on the other. Visitors to Moholoholo can experience both Lowveld woodland as well as indigenous mountainous rain forest without leaving the Game Farm.
The Forest Camp comprises of 7 secluded double chalets and 1 family chalet all with en suite shower and bath as well as 2 Brick Chalets with en suite shower only. The main building is where the dining room and deck are situated. The deck overlooks a small shady waterhole under a canopy of large trees where Nyala and Bushbuck come to quench their thirst together with Samango monkeys under the watchful eyes of birds such as Green Twin spots, Paradise Fly Catchers and Pygmy Kingfishers. The waterhole is floodlit at night and visited by nocturnal animals such as Bushpig, Civet and Porcupine.
Our host and hostess’s sincere hospitality makes any visitor feel at home and “part of the family” within minutes after arriving. The lovely setting of the camp soon soothes away stress while the peace and quiet of unspoiled nature becomes a way of life. Country-style cooking enhances the intimate atmosphere experienced at Forest Camp.
All a wonderful experience!
All meals are served buffet style:
· Breakfast is served between 8:30 am to 9:30 am
· Lunch between 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
· Dinner (either buffet or braai) at 7:00 pm
· Tea/coffee, rusks & cookies are available 24 hours a day.
Tariffs for 2013
(Please note: prices are subject to change on 01st March 2014 by 15%)
ADULTS : SHARING @ - R 1 460.00p/p/p/n
ADULTS : SINGLE @ - R 1 590.00p/p/p/n
CHILDREN : 13yrs & over @ - R 1 460.00p/p/p/n
: 6 to 12yrs @ - R 730.00p/p/p/n
TODDLERS : 5 & under @ - No charge
· Prices include a visit to our Rehabilitation Centre (Please note the Rehab Centre is closed on a Sunday), Night Drive, guided walk and full accommodation.
· A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking.
· Balance can be paid on arrival.
· 3 meals are provided. If lunch is not taken on the day of arrival, it will be forfeited and does not carry over to the following day.
· Guests must be out by 9:30 on the day of departure.
· Guests can arrive from 12:00 onwards. Please notify us of your time of arrival.
· If you would prefer to enjoy a lunch, please notify us.
During the day, game and bird viewing can be done on foot, as a number of easy walking trails are available. The hide at the main waterhole is one of the popular places to relax in the tranquillity of the bush. At night guests are taken on a game drive in an open vehicle. A late afternoon drive can be arranged if it is available at the time.
Wildlife includes Sable, Waterbuck, Kudu, Eland, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Nyala, Bushbuck, Giraffe, Warthog, Bushpig, Leopard, Tsessebe, Civet, Serval, Caracal, and many others. The prolific bird life makes Moholoholo a bird watchers paradise.
An evening game drive will introduce you to the mystical sounds of the nocturnal forest creatures, and when you hear the lion roar, you'll know...
...You're in AFRICA!