Impodimo Game Lodge
Impodimo Game Lodge is set along a rocky ridge with stunning views of the Madikwe Game Reserve in the malaria free North-West Province. The lodge offers 16 guests comfortable accommodation in 10 beautifully appointed suites – each with a closed system fireplace, climate control air conditioning, mini bar and full en suite bathroom with an outdoor shower for the more adventurous. Your private deck allows you unspoilt vies of the Madikwe Game Reserve. .
This safari experience promises a touch of personal attention by the owner/manager team of Steve and Debbie. Dusk and dawn safaris are conducted by highly qualified rangers with the expertise of Steve. Impodimo is the first lodge in the Madikwe Reserve to have qualified Shangaan trackers as part of their team. This ensures the best game sightings possible with optimal game viewing times
Impodimo is a child-friendly lodge and children are welcome at Impodimo. We love to go out of our way to ensure that kids and parents both have an unforgettable safari experience. Kids may participate in our kiddies program, where the children are entertained and occupied with fun and educational activities. Each child on arrival will receive a personalised pack with goodies and activities to do in between safaris. Some of the supervised activities include biscuit baking and decoration, plaster casting of animal tracks, paper mask making, and art using leaves and seeds collected whilst enjoying a guided educational kiddies walk around the camp! Baby sitting facilities are available, so that parents can enjoy a safari or dinner without having to worry about their children. Children over the age of 6 years are allowed to join the normal safari (at the ranger’s discretion), however families with younger children need not fear that their kids won’t be allowed on safari. We offer the “kiddies bumble” safari which is much shorter and aimed at younger children, avoiding deliberate close encounters with dangerous game and making the experience more tactile and varied in order to keep their attention.
· One of South Africa’s largest game reserves.
· Big 5 in a malaria-free reserve.
· All suite accommodation
· Deluxe / family suite
· Five stars graded.
· Safaris in open vehicles.
· Bush walks.
· Boma and bush dinners
Facilities & Activities
· Feature swimming pool
· Intimate lounge
· Outdoor dining area (Boma & pool Lapa)
· Curio / gift shop
· Wine cellar
· Bush dinner venue
· In-room spa treatments
· Dawn and afternoon / evening safaris in open vehicles
· Bush walks
RATES INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
· Single supplement 50% of the per person sharing rate.
· Children 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with two adults.
· Children Sharing with adults in Deluxe Safari Suite will be charged 50% of the Standard Suite sharing rate.
· Rate inclusions
o Standard Suites: Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks and 2 daily safari activities.
o Family Suite: As above and full use of the unit & sole use of safari vehicle.
o Deluxe Safari Suite: As with family safari & private chef, with all meals catered for in the unit.
· Rate exclusions Park entrance fees, all drinks and purchases of a personal nature.
· Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
· Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari, and where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
· The lodge reserves the right to impose similar restrictions for family unit guests if it is believed that safety may be compromised.
· Baby sitting facilities can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
· 20 beds in 10 suites presented as
o 8 standard suite
o 2 deluxe suite
· Each standard suite features;
o Twin beds with king size available on request.
o Full en-suite bathroom and outside shower.
o Tea & coffee making facilities.
o Mini bar fridge.
o Mini safes.
o Climate control air-conditioning system.
o Closed system fire places.
o Covered patio.
· Two deluxe suites in combination feature
o All inclusions in standard suites and;
o Lounge & dining room.
o Private plunge pool.
o Private Boma deck.
Travelling by road
- Drive from Johannesburg to Magaliesburg along the N14 and the R 24.
- From Magaliesburg, take the R509 through Derby to Koster (69km)
- Turn right in Koster to Swartruggens. (34km)
- Continue straight through Swartruggens towards Groot Marico and Zeerust. You do not actually pass through the town of Groot Marico
- After entering Zeerust, keep straight on until you see a sign for Gaborone / Madikwe Game Reserve. Turn right there.
- Continue on this road through 2 rural villages and past Madikwe Road Takeaways (a store and filling station) and past Nietverdiend (a store, filling station and police station).
- Continue on this road past the Abjaterskop Gate for Madikwe Game Reserve on your right. (Thatched entrance with flags etc.) For 7km.
- 7 km past the Abjaterskop Gate, you will find another gate (Wonderboom gate) on the Right into the park.
Air transfers are available on a daily basis from Johannesburg International Airport (JIA) to and from Madikwe. Flights depart JIA at 12h00 and arrive at Madikwe air strip at 12h45.
The flight then departs Madikwe at 13h15 and arrives at JIA at 14h00. Luggage is limited to 20kg per person in soft bags. Other flight times are available seasonally, so please contact us for costs and arrangements. Options are available via Sun City.
Whilst this service is arranged by Impodimo it is performed by an independent charter company whose terms and conditions may change without notice.